Quick start to kinect v2 sensor for the beginners,
kinect v2 sensor works with SDK 2.0, it does not work with older SDK 1.X.
To start with you need,
1) Kinect v2 with external power source.
A kinect V2 sensor does not come with power adapter, source it separately.
2) Window 8/10 computer with kinect SDK v2.0.
3) Dedicated computer with USB 3.0 and window 8 or 10.
it does not work with USB 2.0.
4) Programming environment visual studio or Processing 3.0 (in this case)
To start with
1) install processing 3.0+ version
2) SDK 2.0
3) processing library,
after having hands-on with multiple library, kinect v2 works perfectly with ThomasLengeling library.
download this library in to the processing library folder located in the my document.
check you computer with kinect first before you star with processing,
You can check your computer compatibility after installing SDK2.0
It should be green in all section.
In my case it shows error with USB controller,
but works fine with processing, so you can ignore this error.
You can start with examples provided by the Microsoft,
Now you are good to go with processing.
More details from the Microsoft